What Are the Signs That a Root Canal Is Needed?
Signs you may need a root canal include:
- Severe toothache pain upon chewing or application of pressure
- Prolonged sensitivity/pain to heat or cold temperatures (after the hot or cold has been removed)
- Discoloration (a darkening) of the tooth
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums
- Sometimes no symptoms are present
As seen in number 6, there may be no signs at all. This is when seeing your dentist is best. Dr. Thomas can determine if something needs to be done and discuss the appropriate course of action.